Transforming anti-nutritives into value!
Biomin® Phytase is a 3rd generation phytase originating from E. coli and has a high efficacy in improving bioavailability of phosphorus and other nutrients in plant feed ingredients.
Mode of action
50–80% of phosphorus in plant feed ingredients is bound to phytate and is unavailable for non-ruminants because they lack endogenous phytase to degrade phytate. Also, phytate binds several other nutrients such as minerals, protein, amino acids and starch, thereby reducing the availability of these nutrients as well. Biomin® Phytase is capable of breaking down phytic acid in the digestive tract with peak activity at pH 1.8 and pH 5.5, to efficiently release phosphorus and other nutrients from phytate.
- Improves phytate phosphorus utilization by 40-60%
- Increases bioavailability of calcium, zinc, copper, magnesium and other minerals
- Has the potential to increase protein and amino acid digestibility as well as energy availability.
- Lowers feed costs and saves feed space without loss of performance
- Reduces phosphorus excretion in manure and alleviates environmental problems in intensive farming
Biomin® Phytase product range includes:
- Granular products for addition to finished feed, concentrates or premix for non-ruminant animals (pigs and poultry). These products are available at different concentrations.
- Coated products for addition to pelleted feed with relatively high conditioning temperature. These products are available at different concentrations.
- Liquid formula for direct spraying on pelleted feed. These products are available at different concentrations
- Kornegay, E. (2001). Digestion of phosphorus and other nutrients: the role of phytase and factors influencing their activity. In Enzymes in Farm Animal Nutrition. CAB International 237-271.
- Matrix values for phosphorus and calcium of Biomin®Phytase for broilers (Massey University, New Zealand).
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based upon government requirements.
Product availability may vary by country, please contact BIOMIN for more information.