Naturally ahead in feed preservation!
High quality raw materials for food and feed are the basis for good health. However, natural (epiphytic) microflora are found to grow easily on the surface of organic material, and may be gradually replaced by storage micro-organisms. The goal of preservation is to inhibit this growth and prevent raw material losses and contamination.
Biomin® CleanGrain is a blend of highly active substances that aid the preservation of feed. Carefully selected for synergistic action and effectiveness, the components in Biomin® CleanGrain provide feed businesses with the assurance of safe handling and an adequate return on investment.
Biomin® CleanGrain impedes spoilage caused by bacteria, moulds and yeasts, enhances preservation and reduces the risk of nutrient and energy losses. As mycotoxin contamination is under control, feed hygiene is improved.
Biomin® CleanGrain can be used as a preservative, under aerobic conditions, for grains, grain mixes, TMR (Total Mixed Ration), hay, by-products (Wet Distiller´s Grain with Solubles, brewer´s grain, starch industry residues, etc.), and silages. The product should be mixed well with the raw materials.
The liquid version (Biomin® CleanGrain liquid) has a pH value of 5 and is classified non-corrosive, which makes handling easier and safer.
Mode of action
Biomin® CleanGrain contains chemical substances which interact synergistically to produce these results:
- Decreased pH value in the feed
- Penetration of undissociated ions and disruption of major cell activities
- Changes in the cell membrane and transport of substances
- Inhibition of specific enzyme systems
- Highly effective feed preservative
- Decreased risk of raw material loss through mycotoxin contamination
- Economical with costs savings benefits
- Safe for transport, handling and application
- Non-corrosiveness prolongs the durability of equipment and silos
The Biomin® CleanGrain product range comes in two versions:
- Powder (Biomin® CleanGrain)
- Liquid (Biomin® CleanGrain liquid)
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based upon government requirements.
Product availability may vary by country, please contact BIOMIN for more information.