Naturally ahead in silage production!
Biomin® BioStabil is BIOMIN´s product line for silage inoculants. This well balanced formula of selected homo- and hetero-fermentative lactic acid bacteria improves the fermentation process as well as aerobic stability during the feed-out phase.
Biomin® BioStabil comprises carefully selected strains found to occur naturally in silages.
Biomin® BioStabil silage inoculants improve fermentation for a wide spectrum of silages (grass, cereal whole plants, clover, corn as whole plant or high moisture corn grains, etc.). Aerobic stability or bunker life of the silages is strengthened even in an opened silo. This results in a higher dry matter concentration, and greater nutrient and energy recovery in the silages, providing a guarantee of higher profits.
Biomin® BioStabil is specifically designed for different raw material types and a wide range of dry matter contents and purposes to enhance silage quality.
Mode of action
The Biomin® BioStabil product line is effective as follows:
- Homo-fermentative bacteria in Biomin® BioStabil produce mainly (80-90%) lactic acid. This lowers the pH values of silages treated with Biomin® BioStabil, compared with other treated or non-treated silages.
- Hetero-fermentative bacteria in Biomin® BioStabil are responsible for the production of acetic acid, which partly dissociates to cause a lowering in pH value. These undissociated molecules penetrate the cell wall, resulting in dissociation in the cell cytoplasm and disrupted cell functions. In this way, the acetic acid produced by hetero-fermentative bacteria inhibits yeast, mould and bacteria growth in an opened silo.
Biomin® BioStabil product line also contributes towards better energy content. The number of and ratio between homo- and hetero-fermentative bacteria in the product help minimize energy and protein losses.
- Effective use in various forage crops and dry matter contents
- Accelerated acidification avoiding energy losses
- Excellent aerobic stability (for at least 7 days)
- Low DM and energy losses after silo opening
The Biomin® BioStabil product range includes:
- Biomin® BioStabil Plus, for silages with low or middle ensilability such as grass, alfalfa, clover, etc.
- Biomin® BioStabil Mays, for silages with high ensilability but low aerobic stability such as corn whole plant, CCM (corn cob mix) or high moisture corn grain silages
- Biomin® BioStabil Wraps, for improved fermentation in wrapped silages
- Biomin® BioStabil BioGas, for crops used in biogas production which need high acetic acid content and aerobic stability
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based upon government requirements.
Product availability may vary by country, please contact BIOMIN for more information.