This conclusion emerged from
- more than 51197 analyses
- conducted on 13153 finished feed and raw commodity samples
- sourced from 69 countries
- from January to September 2017.
- Elevated levels of mycotoxins detected in the first half of 2017 persist in many regions worldwide.
- While, corn (maize) and its by-products are commonly contaminated by mycotoxins, other feed ingredients such as soybeans appear to have a heightened risk of contamination.
- Co-contamination of samples by multiple mycotoxins is quite frequent. A full 75% of samples tested for multiple mycotoxins were shown to contain 2 or more mycotoxins.