Better digestion for better feed efficiency
Digestarom® is a specifically formulated phytogenic product designed to support digestion and feed efficiency by combining unique flavoring properties with biologically active properties. Digestarom® is suitable for use in poultry, pig, ruminant, fish and shrimp feed as well as companion animal diets.
Add the power of Phytogenics to your diet
- A unique blend of herbs, essential oils and functional flavors
- Proven in science and practice
- Tailored to the animal’s needs
What are the main benefits?
- Encourages feed intake
- More efficient utilization of dietary nutrients (particularly protein)
- Improves feed conversion and growth rates
- Reduces morbidity & mortality
- Increases profitability
- No negative side effects or withdrawal periods
The science behind Digestarom® – Mode of action
Stress factors, such as weaning, change of diet, environmental conditions or housing, can result in decreased feed intake, suboptimal digestion and poor utilization of nutrients.
All these factors negatively affect animal performance and feed efficiency. Due to its balanced and rounded flavor, Digestarom® enhances the palatability of commercial diets, thus encouraging feed intake.
Furthermore, Digestarom® influences absorption and utilization of dietary nutrients, thus supporting digestibility and feed efficiency.
Current research at the cellular level has shown that Digestarom® down-regulates the transcription factor NF-κB which induces inflammatory processes in the gut. Simultaneously Digestarom® up-regulates the transcription factor Nrf2 which is responsible for both antiinflammatory and antioxidant activity in the body.
The Digestarom® portfolio offers two basic product lines:
- Species-specific solutions, providing different formulas to meet the demands of varying flavoring preferences and bio-active properties in animals at different production stages.
- Multi-species solutions, which focus on the principal bio-active properties of phytogenics, providing one main formula for application in different animal species.
Do you have any questions about this product line?
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based on government requirements.
Product availability may vary by country, please contact BIOMIN for more information.