A poultry specific synbiotic!
PoultryStar® is a well-defined, poultry-specific, multi-species synbiotic product that promotes beneficial gut microbiota through the combined action of carefully selected probiotic microorganisms and prebiotic fructooligosaccharides.
The science behind PoultryStar® – Mode of action
The probiotic strains patented by BIOMIN were thoroughly investigated and isolated out of the gut of healthy birds for excellent host adaptability and efficient use in poultry. The strains were specifically selected for their ability to maintain a balanced gut microbial population under challenging environmental conditions and have demonstrated the highest efficacy in the competitive exclusion of bacteria.
- The microencaspulated form (PoultryStar® meUS), which allows the product to resist high temperatures, is incorporated into feed during compounding, before pelleting and can be used continuously.
- The soluble form (PoultryStar® solUS) can be used in drinking water and is recommended during the following conditions:
– First 3 days of life
– 3 days around feed changes (day before, day of, and day after)
– After therapeutic antibiotic treatments
– During stress periods (vaccination, transportation, extreme heat and humidity)
– Weekly pulse
- The concentrated soluble form (PoultryStar® solUS conc) is administered through water and gel applications in the hatchery and for post-pelleting applications.
EU confirms both safety and efficacy of PoultryStar®
The European Food Safety Authority’s (EFSA) positive scientific opinion of PoultryStar® confirms that the synbiotic feed additive is safe for animals, humans and the environment and efficacious for use in the target species.
PoultryStar® is OMRI listed for use in organic production in the United States.
An independent scientific expert committee proclaimed PoultryStar® to be the only distinguished additive out of over 250 applications. PoultryStar® was subsequently granted the DLG Innovation Award during 2016 EuroTier fair in Germany, the largest international European trade show.
Do you have any questions about this product line?
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based on government requirements.
Product availability may vary by country, please contact BIOMIN for more information.